Today there is a wide range of fad diets at the market. You can come across these ads everywhere, on television, radio and on the internet. Nonetheless, there are only a few of them that are really effective and can help you get rid of unwanted pounds and keep them off. Of course, you can achieve a slight weight loss but you will gain that weight on again soon.
Many of these diets tend to slow down your metabolic rate; this affects you weight loss goal. These fad diets are based on the principles of strict caloric restriction, and this sets your body on a starvation mode because it does not know when the next meal will come. Fad diets do not require you to make some changes which are important for effective weight loss and there are any workouts program included which is also detrimental if you really want to lose weight. It means that even if you managed to lose some pounds during the diet, you have not made any changes to your lifestyle, and you are more likely to gain back those pounds again.
Fad diets that are widely advertised are unhealthy weight loss programs which are not recommended to be used. Here you can see five reasons why you should avoid sticking to such diets.
1. These diets mainly help you to lose water weight and this is only a temporary weight loss. During a long period of time, these diets make you lose muscle tissue instead of fat.
2. This kind of diets is not healthy. These diets may require you to skip meals which decrease your metabolic rate, making it more difficult to lose weight. For effective weight loss, it is recommended to eat five or six frequent small meals instead of three large ones. These fad diets will not provide the right nutritional balance.
3. Fad diets are not effective over the long term. Most of the pounds lost will come back again soon if you do not change your lifestyle. These diets will only bring temporary results.
4. They make you feel bad. These diets limit the caloric intake and do not contain any nutritional components. And this will make you nervous and exhausted and will make you sick even.
5. These diets are not made to your specific needs and requirements. Make a weight loss plan that will be effective. An effective weight loss plan should be tailored by a dietician or nutritionist. Do not forget to consult your physician before you start any diet.
If you are really concerned about your weight and would like to shed off some pounds, there is a program which you can effectively use. It is healthy and effective and concentrated on the glycemic index.